If you need more reset tools install the free, advanced WP Reset plugin. It has a lot more reset tools to individually reset plugins, themes, transients and media. You can also create database snapshots to restore your WP site with one click if you make a mistake.
The WordPress Database Reset plugin allows you to reset the database (all tables or the ones you choose) back to its default settings without having to go through the WordPress 5 minute installation or having to modify any files.
- Extremely fast one click process to reset the WordPress database tables
- Choose to reset the entire database or specific database tables
- Secure and super simple to use
- Safe – it’s not possible to accidentally click reset
- Prefer the command line? Reset the database in one command
- Excellent for theme and plugin developers who need to clean the database of any unnecessary content
Once activated, you can use the WordPress Database Reset plugin with WordPress CLI. List of WP-CLI commands:
Reset all tables:
wp reset database
Specify a list of tables to reset:
wp reset database --tables='users, posts, comments, options'
The current theme and plugins will be reactivated by default. You can disable them like so:
wp reset database --no-reactivate
List table names:
wp reset list
Create a new post in the WordPress Database Reset support forum.
Want to help out?
- Provide new language translations
- Want to help others that might be having issues? Answer questions on the support forum.
- Rate the plugin – rate it
WP Database Reset was originally developed in October 2011 by Chris Berthe. Please do not send him any support questions. If you need assistance the official forum is the best and fastest way to get it.