Stops abuse of your site’s XML-RPC by simply removing some methods used by attackers. While you can use the rest of XML-RPC methods.
This is more friendly than disabling totally XML-RPC, that it’s needed by some plugins and apps (I.e. Mobile apps or some Jetpack’s modules).
- The original one.
- Simple and effective.
- No marketing buzz.
- Maintained and updated when needed since 2014.
- 100% compliant with WordPress coding standards which makes it fail safe.
- 70,000+ active installations can’t be wrong.
If you’re happy with the plugin please don’t forget to give it a good rating, it will motivate me to keep sharing and improving this plugin (and others).
Removes the following methods from XML-RPC interface.
- X-Pingback from HTTP headers. This will hopefully stops some bots from trying to hit your xmlrpc.php file.
- WordPress 3.8.1 or higher.