Download Monitor provides an interface for uploading and managing downloadable files (including support for multiple versions), inserting download links into posts, logging downloads and selling downloads!
- Add, edit and remove downloads from a familiar WP interface; Your downloads are just like posts.
- Sell your downloads from within your WordPress website!
- 100% Gutenberg compatible, including a new Download Monitor Download Block. Type /download to use it!
- Quick-add panel for adding downloads / files whilst editing posts.
- Add multiple file versions to your downloads each with their own data like download count and file links.
- Define alternative links (mirrors) per download version.
- Categorize, tag, or add other meta to your downloads.
- Display download links on the frontend using shortcodes.
- Change the way download links get displayed via template files.
- Track downloads counts and log user download attempts.
- Member only downloads, requires users to be logged in to download your files.
- Customisable endpoints for showing pretty download links.
Download Monitor has been featured on the websites of some of the most popular and leading businesses in the WordPress ecosystem, such as WPBeginner, Pagely, Jilt, WP Fusion & Kinsta.
Download Monitor Extensions
Extend the core Download Monitor plugin with it’s powerful extensions.
Some of our popular extensions include:
– Gravity Forms Gated Content – easily create a download gate with Gravity Forms. Require users to fill-in a form before accessing a PDF any other type of download.
– Page Addon
– MailChimp Download After Sign up – Allow access to file downloads only for people who already belong to a MailChimp mailing list. This extensions facilitates the download after sign up in a MailChimp list.
– Email Lock
Want to see more? Browse All Extensions
We have a large Knowledge Base on our Download Monitor website that contains documentation about how to how to setup and use Download Monitor.
Are you a new Download Monitor user? Read these articles on how to get your files ready for download with Download Monitor:
- How to install Download Monitor
- How to add your first download in Download Monitor
- How to list your first download on your website with the download shortcode
More advanced topics that a lot of people find interesting:
- Learn more about the different ways you can style your download buttons
- Learn more about how to customize your download buttons
- Learn more about what actions and filters are available in Download Monitor
Contributing and reporting bugs
You can contribute code to this plugin via GitHub: https://github.com/WPChill/download-monitor
You can contribute localizations via Transifex https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/download-monitor/
Use the WordPress.org forums for community support. If you spot a bug, you can of course log it on Github instead where we can act upon it more efficiently.