GiveWP is the highest rated, most downloaded, and best supported donation plugin for WordPress. Whether you need a simple donate button or a powerful donation platform optimized for online giving, GiveWP is right for you.
Transform the way you accept online donations, starting for free. With GiveWP you can accept gifts for charity or for other purposes, through customizable donation forms. Our donation plugin also allows you to view donor data and fundraising reports, manage donors, and integrate with a wide variety of third-party gateways and services.
✨ GiveWP Features
GiveWP is free and full of many advanced features to suit your needs. Start by choosing one of our donation form templates to create your first fundraising campaign. Then, take advantage of full-featured fundraising reports and donor management tools to increase your overall fundraising revenue by learning what makes donors donate.
Free donor tools also help keep your donors happy. The donor dashboard helps your donor base easily manage their accounts and access their donation history. With our premium add-ons, you can add additional donor tools, like annual receipts.
Powerful Donation Forms
- Build custom donation forms in your WordPress admin
- Customize donation form templates without any code
- Add goals, multiple giving amounts, custom amounts, terms and conditions and more with just a couple clicks
Actionable Fundraising Reporting
- Get a detailed breakdown of your donation activity
- Control your fundraising data with exports and reports
- Filter reports by date, form, and payment method
- Measure performance across multiple campaigns
Complete Donor Management
- View a complete history of your donor activity
- Generate tax-deductible receipts
- Allow donors to view their donation history, update their profile, manage their recurring donations, and download PDF receipts through their own donor dashboard
Find out more:
- Visit the GiveWP website
- View GiveWP Premium Add-ons
- View GiveWP Free Add-ons
- View our GiveWP Live Demo site
- Book a Live Demo with our Team
🧑🏿🤝🧑🏿 Who Uses GiveWP?
With more than 100,000+ active installs of GiveWP, we hear more and more success stories from nonprofit organizations. Causes are using GiveWP to raise millions of dollars per year. Check out some of our GiveWP Stories and Case Studies for details about their success.
- The City Mission used GiveWP for Giving Tuesday and a competition fundraiser with a neighboring organization, where they raised $45K in 16 hours.
- A local neighborhood watch program switched from using GoFundMe to GiveWP and raised $40,000 in five days for a memorial fundraiser.
- Students have funded their tuition to schools like Oxford through individual fundraising pages.
- A hospital raised money through a community-wide virtual dance party during the pandemic.
In addition to nonprofit organizations, GiveWP is widely used for individual or creative purposes. We’ve seen tip jars for blogs or musicians, live streams, and more. Our Donation Upsells for WooCommerce Add-on is even used in some eCommerce stores to collect donations for a cause, or ask for tips in the cart or checkout.
We’ve even seen GiveWP used to collect gifts for birthdays and weddings!
💝 Simple and Pain-Free Giving
We built GiveWP to be the best WordPress donation plugin from day one. Simply install and activate the plugin to get started.
The strength of GiveWP lies within its optimized donation forms. When creating a form, you can start with a template and customize the donation levels, including allowing donors to give a custom amount. The donation forms can then be displayed anywhere on your website using a block, shortcode, widget, or the single donation form page.
You can also integrate your forms with a wide variety of payment processors, including PayPal and Stripe within the free plugin. You can also purchase add-ons to use Authorize,net, Bitpay, Square, and more.
🌱 First Time Users
For new users, we suggest reviewing our Getting Started Guide to get an understanding of how the plugin works. If you run into any trouble, we offer free support to help you with your issues, questions, and concerns.
If you are a GiveWP customer with an active license of any of our popular add-ons, we’d love to hear from you and support you via our Priority Support channel.
💳 Accept Credit Card Donations and More
GiveWP comes with several payment gateway options:
- Stripe Donations — Our Stripe integration allows you to accept credit card donations on your website. There is a small 2% fee associated with these donations. Want no additional fees? Upgrade to our Stripe Premium add-on to start accepting [Stripe Donations]](https://go.givewp.com/addon-stripe).
- PayPal Donations — Allow worldwide donations with PayPal Donations. No additional fees applied.
- Venmo Donations — Give donors the option to pay through Venmo with their account balance or connected bank account.
- Offline Donations — Enable your donors to send checks or physical donations with an offline gateway with instructions.
- Test Gateway — use the Test Gateway to see exactly how your donors will walk through the donation process.
- And many more Gateways – View additional payment gateways on our website. These include Authorize.net, Bitpay, Square, Razorpay, Paytm, and more.
⚙️ Extend GiveWP with Powerful Add-ons
GiveWP’s goal is to “Democratize Generosity.” We want to make it easy for everyone to raise funds online.
In addition to our free donation plugin, we have premium GiveWP add-ons available to extend the functionality of GiveWP. Ultimately, these tools allow you to raise more money and give you a better relationship with your donors.
Must-Have Add-ons for GiveWP:
- WordPress Recurring Donations
- Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
- Form Field Manager
- Fee Recovery
- PDF Receipts
- Funds & Designations
View all of GiveWP’s Add-ons to discover all the ways you can further enhance and extend GiveWP.
🛠️ Easy to Customize and Enhance
Are you a developer? GiveWP is built with best practices and easy to extend and customize. Here are some great developer-oriented tutorials and docs to help you customize GiveWP to your liking:
- Create Dramatic Donation Email Receipts
- Populate Donor Info with One Click
- Using the GiveWP API to Create Charts with ChartJS
- Theming with GiveWP
- How to Create Custom Form Fields in GiveWP
- How to Build a Gateway Add-on for GiveWP
- How to Style Your GiveWP Forms
- Site Redesigns Without Donation Data Loss
- Handling Custom CSS in WordPress
💚 About the GiveWP Team
GiveWP is part of StellarWP, a Liquid Web Family Brand. Our donation plugin is backed by a growing team of WordPress developers, support engineers, customer success managers, and marketing professionals who’ve worked with WordPress and nonprofits since 2009. This means GiveWP is made with best practices in mind; extremely extensible and customizable, stable, and reliable. We’ll be here in years to come for you and your nonprofit organization.
📧 Connect with GiveWP
Stay in touch with us for important plugin news and updates:
- GiveWP Website
- GiveWP Newsletter
- GiveWP Add-ons
- Write for GiveWP
🐱💻 Contribute to GiveWP
This plugin is proudly open source (GPL license) and we’re always looking for more contributors. Whether you know another language, can code like no one’s business, or just have an idea, we would love your help and input.
Here’s a few ways you can contribute to GiveWP:
Star/fork/watch the GiveWP GitHub repository to learn more about what issues we’re tackling and the project is developing. If you’ve never worked with Github before, learn about pull requests here and submit one for GiveWP, we’d love to give you our feedback.
Translate GiveWP into your native language. The best place to do that is here on wordpress.org. Go to https://translate.wordpress.org/, then search for your language, click the “Plugins” tab, then search for “GiveWP”. When you’ve submitted at least 95% of GiveWP’s strings, the language moderators will review and approve your translations and then they will be available to all WordPress users for your native language. If you are interested in translating any of our Premium Add-ons, contact us, we’d love to chat with you about that.
Join the GiveWP Community Facebook group. We chat about all things related to WordPress, GiveWP, fundraising, and online donations in general.