Hummingbird is brought to you by the WordPress speed specialists that created Smush image optimization, now active on more than +1 million websites. Get the complete speed boost with Hummingbird and Smush.
If PageSpeed Insights is making these speed recommendations Hummingbird can help:
- Enable text compression – Use gzip to make your site fly.
- Preconnect to required origins – Use Hummingbird to establish earlier connections.
- Preload key requests – Prioritize resources based on order.
- Avoid enormous network payloads – Consider Lazy Load for comments or breaking up smaller posts.
- Use efficient cache – The Hummingbird Cache suite offers effective browser cache for caching any site.
- Minify CSS – Strip unused code from your CSS.
- Eliminate render-blocking resources – Move critical CSS and JS inline and defer all non-critical JS/CSS.
- Defer unused CSS – Defer the loading of CSS not used for above-the-fold content.
- Lazy Load offscreen images (Smush free integration).
Hummingbird scans your site and provides one-click fixes to speed up WordPress in a flash.
You’ll get faster loading pages, higher search rankings (SERP) and PageSpeed scores, and happier visitors with Hummingbird’s WordPress speed optimization. Optimizing the speed of your site has never been easier!
Features Available in Hummingbird Include:
- Scan and Fix – Get a scan of your site, find out what’s slowing it down, and use one-click performance improvements to make critical speed improvements.
- World-class caching – A full caching suite to load pages faster with full-page, Gravatar, and browser cache tool.
- Performance Reports – Pro tips for running your site at super speed.
- Better Rankings – Improve scores on Google PageSpeed Insights (SEO ranking factor), YSlow, Pingdom, and GTmetrix.
- Increase Your Conversion Rate – Don’t keep visitors waiting: faster sites convert better.
- Configs – Set your preferred performance settings, save them as config, and instantly upload to any other site.
Learn The Ropes With These Hands-On Hummingbird Tutorials
- How To Optimize WordPress For Speed With Hummingbird
- How To Optimize Elementor for Free Using Smush and Hummingbird
- How To Optimize WPBakery Sites Using Smush And Hummingbird
- Speed Up and Optimize Avada for Free Using Smush and Hummingbird
- Optimize Divi for Free Using Smush and Hummingbird
Hummingbird Features to Speed Up WordPress
Scan and One-Click Fix
Hummingbird is a WordPress speed optimization plugin. It will scan your site, find files that are slowing it down, and provide tips and fixes for making your site run at top speed.
Hummingbird even has one-click improvements like a full cache suite, one-click minify for styles and scripts, and deferring CSS and JS for quickly optimizing performance. What could be easier!
You’ll get a world-class caching suite, including full-page, browser, and Gravatar cache.
Make your site load even faster with Hummingbird’s complete set of cache tools that give your visitors a faster browsing experience. Including full-page, browser and Gravatar caching.
Quickly reorder, compress, and reposition files with Hummingbird’s minification feature. But play carefully – minification is a powerful tool (though if you need it, you can reset any changes you make in one click).
Transfer Data at Top Speed With GZIP
Hummingbird has GZIP powers to make sharing your site more efficient.
Sending zipped files is faster and can save you money on hosting. And don’t worry about setup, send Hummingbird instructions with the click of a button and she’ll handle the rest.
Built-in Cloudflare Integration
Hummingbird can be used to control your Cloudflare browser cache and Automatic Platform Optimizations (APO) settings as well! Simply add your Cloudflare API key and configure away.
Fully Compatible With Smush Image Optimization
You can complement Hummingbird’s WordPress speed optimization features with our award-winning sister-plugin Smush image optimization. Smush compresses your images, giving your site less to load – and thus a faster load time. Hummingbird + Smush integrate perfectly together, and are the perfect match to speed up WordPress.
Compress, optimize (optimise), and fix PageSpeed performance with properly sized images, lazy load, next-gen WebP convert, image formatting, and more.
Save time with Hummingbird Configs
Configs allow you to save your prefered Hummingbird configuration settings and apply them to your other sites in a few clicks. You can create unlimited configs.
Faster Websites Rank Higher, Convert Better
Every millisecond counts: your visitors expect an ever-faster website, with a page load time of under two seconds expected – and the norm. If visitors don’t get that on your site, they will leave.
If you’re running a business website or eCommerce store, that means if your website does not load quickly, you will lose sales.
Hummingbird is here to help you; it’s a one of a kind WordPress performance optimization plugin that can make your site run at superspeed, for free!
You get our WordPress performance optimization suite, which includes minification and GZIP for small page sizes, full caching for faster loading, and integration with Cloudflare’s APO / browser cache, and our sister-plugin Smush image optimization.
Hummingbird is built with ease-of-use in mind; it makes your WordPress site faster, but it’s also fast to set up. You can scan your site and implement recommended changes in one-click, getting a fast site in mere minutes.
All the above is free and will speed up WordPress for you. If you need the very fastest WordPress site, you should get a WPMU DEV Membership.
Our Membership gives you access to Hummingbird Pro – which features automated scanning, uptime monitoring, enhanced minify compression (with 2x the regular optimization), CDN hosted minification – alongside Smush Pro image optimization, all our premium WordPress plugins, and 24/7 WordPress support.
It’s an incredible deal, and you can find out more here.
What do People say About Hummingbird?
“Hummingbird is so easy to use. I thought it wouldn’t change my speed much because I already made improvements. I ran the scan, it gave me recommendations, I pushed a button to apply them and it made my site even faster!” – Camilo
“Hummingbird is getting smarter with each update. Today it’s become so good that it forced me to remove giant cache and optimization plugins like WP Super Cache and WP Sweep because now Hummingbird includes all those features – but in a more impressive way.” – swagatam1975
“Hummingbird took me from 32 to 84 on Google page speed plus made my site 50% faster on GTmetrix!” – Nicolas
“I just built a real bloated sack of crap of a WP site, and after configuring Hummingbird and letting it do its thing, the site is actually fast — much faster than it has any right to be…I’m impressed.” – Cacarr
A Note From Hummingbird
Hey! This is Hummingbird, your trusted solution to speed up WordPress. I’m part of the WPMU DEV team, a superhero-suite of WordPress plugins, services, and support. Here are some of our other free plugins:
- Smush – Image Compression and Optimization
- Forminator – Form, Quiz, Poll and Survey Builder
- Hustle – Pop-ups, Slide-ins and Email Opt-ins
And if you need ALL our Pro plugins AND 24/7 WordPress support, get WPMU DEV membership! You can try it for free: wpmudev.com
My superhero friends run the WPMU DEV Blog, your source for the very best WordPress tutorials. If you need to be in the know about WordPress, check it out.
Thanks for looking at Hummingbird, and I look forward to flying through your site to make it faster than ever.
Enjoy, The Hummingbird
WPMU DEV is a premium supplier of quality WordPress plugins, services and support. Join us here:
Don’t forget to stay up to date on everything WordPress from the Internet’s number one resource:
WPMU DEV Blog
Hey, one more thing… we hope you enjoy our free offerings as much as we’ve loved making them for you!