An easy to use, with intuitive interface, WordPress plugin that gives you the ability to easily and safely add your custom PHP code to your WordPress website, directly out of the WordPress Admin Area, without the need to have an external editor.
This is a simple and perfect tool to use as your website’s functionality plugin. This is a must have tool for authors and website’s owners. Its purpose is to provide a familiar experience to WordPress users. There is no need for any more editing of the functions.php file of your theme or any of your plugin files for to add custom PHP code. Just add your custom PHP code in the field on the plugin page and this plugin will do the rest for you. It will automatically add your PHP code to your website, without changing any of your theme files and without slowing down your website.
The plugin works completely independently of the theme, so you can use it with any theme, and regardless of whether the theme does or does not have a functions.php file. The code you place on the plugin page will be entirely unaffected if you edit the contents of the theme’s functions.php file, or even completely change the theme. This is really useful in case of updating theme or plugins, because your custom PHP code would never be overwritten. Your custom PHP code will keep on working, no matter how many times you upgrade or switch your theme and plugins.
On the plugin page you find the code editor powered by CodeMirror. This code editor has options such as syntax highlighting, line numbering, and more. And if you want more options, let us know and we will be happy to add them.
- Lightweight and fast
- Secure code with using clear coding standards
- Intuitive interface
- Cross browser compatible (work smooth in any modern browser)
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- RTL compatible (right to left)
- Translation ready
Key features include
- Insert custom PHP code into the site
- Checks the entered code for fatal errors
- Easy disable option for WSOD
- Ability to temporarily disable all custom PHP code
- Code syntax highlighting
- Line numbering
- Active line highlighting
- Editor allow for Tab indentation
- And much, much more!
PRO features include
- Ability to easily customize the code editor by selecting the desired settings
- 64 themes for syntax highlighting
- Toolbar with useful buttons, such as Undo, Redo, etc.
- Ability to use shortcut keys (both Mac and PC) for Search, Replace, etc.
- Unlimited number of fields for functions
- Automatic backup of all functions to a downloadable text file
- Separate activation and deactivation of functions
- No ads on the settings page
- Well documented
Get the PRO version now!
This plugin is ready for translation and has already been translated into several languages. But If your language is not available then you can make one. It is also possible that not all existing translations are up-to-date or correct, so you are welcome to make corrections. Many of plugin users would be delighted if you share your translation with the community. Thanks for your contribution!
- English (default)
- Russian (translation by Milena Kiseleva)
- German (translation by Michael)
- Chinese-Taiwan (translation by Gordon Yu)
- Spanish (translation by Ramiro Garcés and Patricio Toledo)
- Dutch (translation by Peter Leenders)
- French (translation by Jean-Michel, Theophil Bethel and Hervé Bouzin)
If you want to help translate this plugin, please visit the translation page.
Minimum system requirements:
- WordPress version 4.9 or higher.
- PHP version 5.6 or higher.
- MySQL version 5.0 or higher.
Recommended system requirements:
- WordPress version 5.0 or higher.
- PHP version 7.0 or higher.
- MySQL version 5.6 or higher.
Developing plugins is long and tedious work. If you benefit or enjoy this plugin please take the time to:
- Donate to support ongoing development. Your contribution would be greatly appreciated.
- Rate and Review this plugin.
- Share with us or view the GitHub Repo if you have any ideas or suggestions to make this plugin better.
“My Custom Functions” is one of the own software projects of Space X-Chimp.
This plugin is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 3 (GPLv3) and is distributed free of charge.
Commercial licensing (e.g. for projects that can’t use an open-source license) is available upon request.
- The icon of this plugin is a copyrighted image created by the Space X-Chimp team. (C) All rights reserved.
- The banner of this plugin is a copyrighted image created by the Space X-Chimp team. (C) All rights reserved.
- Unless otherwise stated, all images are created by the Space X-Chimp team and are copyrighted. (C) All rights reserved.
- CodeMirror is an open-source project shared under the MIT license.
- Bootstrap by Twitter, Inc. released under the MIT license.
- Bootstrap-checkbox is a project of Vasily A., shared under the MIT license.
- Font Awesome is an open source-project created by Dave Gandy. Font released under the SIL OFL 1.1 license. Code released under the MIT License.
- Developer website
- Dedicated plugin page on GitHub
- Dedicated plugin page on WordPress.org
- Premium Version