How could using fonts via Google’s service possibly run afoul of GDPR? The fact of the matter is that, when a font is requested by the user’s browser, their IP is logged by Google and used for analytics.
Leverage Browser Cache, reduce DNS lookups/requests, reduce Cumulative Layout Shift and make your Google Fonts 100% GDPR compliant with OMGF!
OMGF is written with performance and user-friendliness in mind. It uses the Google Fonts API to automatically cache the fonts your theme and plugins use to minimize DNS requests and speed up your WordPress website.
How Does It Work?
After installing the plugin, OMGF will automatically start looking for Google Fonts whenever a page is requested on your website.
All Google Fonts are listed in the Manage Optimized Fonts section of OMGF’s settings screen. There, you can choose to:
- Preload fonts to reduce Cumulative Layout Shift above the fold,
- Unload fonts that’re not used by you, your theme and/or plugins,
- Set a Fallback Font Stack (OMGF Pro required), to further reduce Cumulative Layout Shift, or
- Replace (OMGF Pro required) font-families with system fonts to speed up loading times!
Other Features include
- Variable Fonts support,
- Remove unused subsets to reduce the size of the CSS stylesheet,
- Remove Resource Hints (preload, preconnect, dns-prefetch) pointing to
- Ensure text remains visible during webfont load by forcing the font-display attribute to your Google Fonts,
- Ensure text remains visible during webfont load by forcing the font-display attribute to all your other fonts! (OMGF Pro required),
Additional Features in OMGF Pro
- Multisite support,
- “Dig deeper” to find Google Fonts and optimize further. OMGF Pro supports:
@importstatements inside inline
@importstatements inside local stylesheets loaded by your theme and/or plugins,
- Web Font Loader (
- Early Access Google Fonts.
- Material Icons support.
- Modify your fonts’
src: url()attribute fully integrate with your configuration,
- Use this to serve fonts and the stylesheets from your CDN, or
- To serve fonts from an alternative path (e.g. when you’re using Security through Obscurity plugins like WP Hide, etc.), or
- Set a relative path to easily migrate from development/staging areas to production/live, or
- Anything you like!
Purchase OMGF Pro | Documentation | Tested Plugins & Themes