Over 6.8 MILLIONS DOWNLOADS and near PERFECT rating out of 200 REVIEWS.
The order can be customized within default WordPress post type archive list page or a separate Re-Order interface which displays all objects.
It allows reordering the posts for any custom post types you defined, including the default Posts. Post Order has never been easier.
This plugin was developed considering everyone to be able to use the sorting feature, no matter the WordPress experience:
- Install the plugin through the Install Plugins interface or by uploading the
post-types-orderfolder to your
- Activate the Post Order plugin.
- A new setting page will be created within Settings > Post Types Order, you should check with that, and make a first options save.
- Using the AutoSort option as ON you don’t need to worry about any code changes, the plugin will apply the customized post order on fly.
- Use the Re-Order interface which appears to every custom post type (non-hierarchical) to change the post order to a new one.
- If prefer sort apply through the code, include ‘orderby’ =>’menu_order’ within custom query arguments, more details at http://www.nsp-code.com/sample-code-on-how-to-apply-the-sort-for-post-types-order-plugin/
Example of Usage
As you can see just a matter of drag and drop and post ordering will change on front side right away.
If for some reason the post order does not update on your front side, you either do something wrong or the theme code you are using does not use a standard query per WordPress Codex rules and regulations. But we can still help, use the forum to report your issue as there are many peoples who gladly help or get in touch with us.
Something is wrong with this plugin on your site? Just use the forum or get in touch with us at Contact and we’ll check it out.
Need More? Check out the advanced version of this plugin at Advanced Post Types Order which include Hierarchically post types order, Manual / Automatic Sorting, Individual Categories Order, Conditionals to apply, Paginations for large list, Mobile ready, Enhanced Interface, Plugins compatibility (MultiSite Network Support, WPML, Polylang, WooCommerce, WP E-Commerce, Platform Pro, Genesis etc), font side re-order interface, … and many more !!
This plugin is developed by Nsp-Code
Want to contribute with a translation to your language? Please check at https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/post-types-order