Create frontend user profiles, groups, communities, paid memberships, directories, WooCommerce user profiles and bbPress profiles, restrict content, register members through sign-up pages, allow users to submit and share blogs, enable notifications, social activity and private messaging with a beautiful threaded interface and a lot more!
The #1 custom user profile plugin that brings together user data from all your plugins, which use custom posts or shortcodes.
The #1 Free WooCommerce User Profile Plugin
The #1 Free bbPress User Profile plugin
For any issues, bugs, feature requests and general help, contact our awesome support team!
ProfileGrid is a power-packed user profile, member and directory plugin. While ProfileGrid is fundamentally a user profile builder, it also offers User Groups. Groups are equivalent to Profile types where you can have different profile structures for different group of users. Advantages of Group based system is apparent from the very beginning:
- You can have multiple User Profile types.
- Each Group can have its own set of fields.
- Each Group can have its own Group Manager or Moderator.
- Group Manager can have special privacy level for group members.
- Each group can have its own registration workflow.
- You can offer visitors option to sign up or request membership for Group of their choice.
- Groups can have membership limits.
- Groups can be mapped to a specific WordPress Roles.
- Filter user profiles based on groups on directories page.
- Groups can be Open (public) or Closed (private)
- Closed Groups require membership approval from Group Manager or site Admin
- Users can join multiple Groups
And so much more!
If you do not need multiple Groups, there’s nothing stopping you to use the default Group as single profile type, membership or as user directories system. It’s a unique WordPress profile plugin that’s flexible and modular. A lot of stuff can be turned on or off by single click.
ProfileGrid is pretty both on the frontend AND the dashboard area. We understand you spend a lot of time inside the dashboard, therefore, we made sure the admin facing interface is clean and organized. You will absolutely love it when you first log into ProfileGrid. And it looks even better once profiles start to fill in!
With release of version 4.1.0 we have added a bunch of new shortcodes which offer amazing amount of flexibility with displaying different types of user groups and user profiles data inside your WordPress theme and widgets. Brand new content enclosure shortcodes allow you to take control of content restrictions and membership access to granular level. Using new dynamic content shortcodes you can create personalized content for your users.
Dashboard areas include:
- Group Manager to create, edit and manage groups, and set membership rules.
- Custom Fields Manager to manager Profile Sections and Fields.
- User Profiles area to view, search and filters User profiles and members.
- Requests to manage and moderate membership requests for closed groups.
- Email Template manager to create and edit email notifications for users.
- User Blogs to manage user submitted blog posts.
- Global Settings to fine tune your ProfileGrid installation.
- Shortcodes page to help you understand how shortcodes work.
Frontend offers a slew of shortcodes to present custom user profile related areas to the visitors. These are:
- Groups page showing a grid of Groups for users to browse and sign up for them.
- Group page showing Group’s details and all its members.
- Profile page showing single custom User Profile with blogs and conversations.
- Single and Multipage sign up forms. Latter splitting Sections into pages.
- All Users page displays all members without grouping them, with global search.
- Login and Password Recovery pages.
Find complete list of shortcodes here.
- Group Name
- Group Type – Open/ Closed
- Group Description
- Group Badge/ Icon/ Logo
- Option to Hide Group Card
- Membership Limit
- Associate WordPress User Role
- Group Manager (Selectable from Group Members)
- Label for Group Manager
- Membership Type – Free/ Paid
- Membership Price
- Redirection after group registration
- Custom message after group registration
- Custom Email notifications for members
- Email on joining Group
- Email on joining request being denied
- Email on account activation
- Email on account deactivation
- Email on password change
- Email on account deletion
- Email on publishing new post
- Email when Group Manager resets password
- Turn on Emails for Group Managers
- Email on new membership request
- Email on being assigned Group Manager
- User Profile page user avatar photo
- User Profile page Cover Photo
- Parent Group picture appears on user page
- User Profile page Sections
- Custom User Profiles (Custom Fields for user profiles)
Custom Field Attributes
- Field Label (as it appears on registration form and user page)
- Field Description
- Field Type
- Placeholder Text
- CSS Class
- Maximum Length/ Rows/ Columns etc.
- Field Label Icon or picture
- Parent Group
- Parent Section
- Display on Sign Up form
- Required/ Not Required
- Fields visibility on Profile Page
- Fields visibility on Group Page
Email Template Attributes
- Template Name
- Body with Mail Merge fields.
- Restrict content to logged in users
- Restrict content to users of specific group
- Restrict content to friends
- Make contend private
Multi Author Blogging
- Multi Author Blogs that integrate with frontend user profile
- Users can write and submit blog entries from a frontend user page
- Users can upload picture as featured image field
- Option to choose between WordPress blogs and ProfileGrid blogs
- Admins can moderate and approve Multi Author blog posts
- Define initial status of Multi Author blog posts on blog submission
Private Messaging System
ProfileGrid features an inbuilt private messaging system that works in realtime – a rare WordPress profile plugin that offers advanced messaging capabilities as part of the core. Once you install and visit custom user profile page, you will see Messaging among other profile tabs. Features include:
- A system that works in realtime using WordPress Heartbeat API
- See live status of members you are chatting with
- Supports emoji
- Users can message anyone from their user profile page by clicking a button or typing username
- Users receive live notifications and unread count when messaging tab is not active
- Notifications also appear in left bar which shows active messaging threads
ProfileGrid also comes with an inbuilt Friends system that allows users to other members as friends – once again a rare WordPress profile plugin that offers Friends system in core. Friends tab automatically appear on custom user profile page once it is activated in ProfileGrid Global Settings. The features include:
- Users can add other members as ‘Friends’
- User can send Friend requests
- Users can accept or decline Friend request
- All friends appear on user profile page inside ‘Friends’ tab
- Users can remove friends from Friends tab.
- Admin can set rule for resending, once declined friend requests
- Friend request appear in Notification tab and add to unread count
- Users can accept or decline friend request from user notification box
- On accepting friend request friend’s user profile url appear inside user notification box
- Template Selection
- Theme selection Light/ Dark
- Redirection for Authors
- Enable Gravatar
- Allow or Disallow WordPress login page access to visitors
- Allow or Disallow WordPress login page access to visitors
- Hide WordPress toolbar
- Set limit for password reset tries
- Multiple Attachments
- Map default WP Registration page
- Redirection after user login
- Redirect After logout
- Map All Groups page
- Map User Registration page
- Map Single Group page
- Define Sign Up form Style
- Map Profile page
- Map Login page
- Map Password Recovery and Password Reset pages
- Toggle reCAPTCHA
- reCAPTCHA language
- Site Key
- Secret Key
- Request method
- Auto Logout after inactivity
- Whitelist IPs
- Blacklist IPs
Email Notifications (Global)
- Send notifications to site admin
- Manually define admin email notification recipients
- User Account review notification
- Account Deletion email notification
- Turn on SMTP configuration
- SMTP Host, Encryption, Port, Authentication, Username, Password
- Test SMTP Connection
- Turn on automatic approvals
- Send User Activation Link in email
- Display User Password change option
- Show User Privacy options
- Allow User Profile deletion
- Account deletion warning text
- Allow User Email change
- Allow Users to hide their profiles
- Default Profile Image, default user avatar
- Default Cover Image
- Toggle Admin notifications
- Define additional notification recipients
- Toggle SMTP with credential fields
- Import Users.
- Importing parameters and field mapping.
- Export Users.
- Exporting parameters.
- Turn User Blog Post Submission On/ Off.
- Fetch Posts from WordPress Posts/ In-built System/ Both
- Default Post state after user submission
- Allow Feature Image
- Allow tags
- Use rich text editor
- Privacy settings
- Notify Users
- Notify Admin
- Toggle Messaging On/ Off
- Toggle Friend System On/ Off
- All resending friend requests
- Period after which resending request is allowed
- Profile Image Maximum File Size (in bytes)
- Cover Image Maximum File Size (in bytes)
- Image Quality
- Profile image minimum width
- Cover image minimum width
- User Profile Page Title
- User Profile Description (HTML Meta)
- Payment Processor – Paypal (Free) & Stripe (Extension).
- Toggle test mode.
- PayPal Email.
- Currency selection.
- PayPal page style.
- Currency symbol position.
As you can see, ProfileGrid core is pretty powerful in its own right and many will find it useful standalone. For those who need extra, there are plenty of extensions available. Present set of extensions include:
Free Custom User Profile Slugs
Define how your frontend user profile URL will appear to site visitors and search engines. Take control of your frontend user profile url permalink and add dynamic slugs.
More information about Custom User Profile Slugs
Allow your users to create and share Photo Albums within their Groups. Albums can be public or restricted to group members. Users can browse and enlarge photos, and post comments.
More information about Group Photos
Free User Display Name
Take complete control of your users’ display names. Mix and match patterns and add predefined suffixes and prefixes. There’s both a global and a group based option, allowing display names in different groups stand out!
More information about User Display Name
Custom Group Properties
Create and add custom data fields to user groups! Now your user groups can have more detailed information and personality just like your user profile pages. These fields appear on single group page.
More information about Custom Group Properties
Free bbPress Integration – ENHANCE BBPRESS USER PROFILES
Integrate ProfileGrid user profile properties and sign up system with the immensely popular bbPress community forums plugin.
- bbPress User Profiles with Community Activity
- bbPress Custom User Profiles Fields.
- Edit bbPress User Profiles
More information about Free bbPress Integration
User Geolocation Maps
Publish interactive maps on your website showcasing locations of all registered users or members from a specific group using simple shortcodes. Features location markers with user info popovers.
More information about User Geolocation Maps
Frontend Group Creator
Give your registered users power to create their own user membership Groups. These Groups behave and work just like regular ProfileGrid membership groups.
More information about Frontend Group Creator
Allow users to subscribe to your MailChimp lists. Comes with custom field mapping support and option for users to manage subscriptions right from their user profile area.
More information about MailChimp Integration
Free WooCommerce Integration – ENHANCE WOOCOMMERCE USER PROFILES
Combine the power of ProfileGrid’s user membership groups with WooCommerce to create enhanced WooCommerce user profiles with option to display purchases, reviews, manage addresses and more. This can be used instead of default WooCommerce user profile page for more engaging user experience.
- WooCommerce Profile Builder.
- WooCommerce User Profile with Payments, Reviews & Social Activity.
- WooCommerce Custom User Profiles Fields.
- Edit WooCommerce Customer Profiles.
Allow users to connect and login using their social networking accounts. Users can manage connected accounts from their profile settings.
More information about Social Login
Custom User Profile Tabs
Display user specific, or custom content, from other plugins as additional tabs on user profiles. You can add as many custom tabs you like. Examples of practical uses include, events, meetings, forms, listings, directories etc.
More information about Custom User Profile Tabs
Reward your website users with custom ranks and badges, on reaching predefined goals, using powerful and free myCred points system. Ranks and Badges will also be displayed on their user profiles.
More information about myCred Integration
Allow users to create albums and upload photos to them. Albums can be public or private, or shared with fellow group members or friends. Other users can post comments on photos.
More information about User Photos
Use in-built ProfileGrid hierarchy to hide or show menu items on your site! You can mark specific menu items to be visible or hidden only to certain group(s). Additionally, create specific menu items for Group Managers of selected or all groups.
More information about Menu Restrictions
= WooCommerce Wishlist Integration=
Allow your website users to access and manage their product wishlists from their user profile area. Wishlists are synced dynamically with popular WooCommerce Store system.
More information about WooCommerce Wishlist Integration
Show Instagram tab on User Profile page with user’s Instagram photos inside it. Instagram connection can be managed from user profile area.
More information about Instagram Integration
Add social conversation feature to user groups on your website. Group members can compose new posts and respond to existing ones as comments.
More information about Group Wall
Free Login Logout Menu
Show or hide menu items based on user’s login state. Additionally, you have option to add User Profile, User Groups and Password Recovery as menu items.
More information about Login Logout Menu
WooCommerce Extensions Integration
Supercharge ProfileGrid’s integration with WooCommerce by adding integrations with major WooCommerce extensions.
More information about WooCommerce Extensions Integration
Free EventPrime Integration
Create social events by integrating with EventPrime, a WordPress events plugin. Use the power of EventPrime’s amazing event management tools to create and manage your very own ProfileGrid group and member events.
More information about EventPrime Integration
Advanced Group Manager
Offer more power and control to your Group Managers. They can edit Groups, approve membership requests, moderate blogs, manage users, etc. from a dedicated frontend Group management area.
More information about Advanced Group Manager
Multiple Group Managers
Promote more than one group members to group managers and allow them to share group management responsibilities.
More information about Multiple Group Managers
User Profile Labels
Allow users to add profile labels to their user profiles as an additional way to highlight important information, such as user interests, designation etc.
More information about User Profile Labels
Start accepting credit cards on your site for group memberships and registrations by integrating popular Stripe payment gateway.
More information about Stripe Payments
User Profile Status
Allow members to upload and display custom status on their profiles, just like many popular social networking websites. Multiple statuses are supported with auto-scrolling.
More information about User Profile Status
Free Demo Content
Import readymade user profiles and groups with all the essential data. Can be used as preview or demo for your website, before actual users start signing up.
More information about User Profile Status
WooCommerce Product Integration
You can auto-assign groups to your users based on the type of products they buy or the amount of purchase they make on your WooCommerce store.
More information about User Profile Status
Free Hero Banner
Create attractive hero banners for your membership website using user profile images dynamically generated as a grid with subtle animations.
More information about Hero Banner
WooCommerce Subscription Integration
Integrate WooCommerce product subscriptions with ProfileGrid Groups. Automatically, Assign or remove user groups based on WooCommerce subscription status.
More information about WooCommerce Subscription Integration
WooCommerce Members Discount
Allow preset discounts on WooCommerce products purchase based on group membership. Discounts can be a fixed amount or a percentage of the product price.
More information about WooCommerce Members Discount
WooCommerce Product Tabs
Add custom tabs on WooCommerce product pages. It also allows enabling or disabling the custom tabs on specific products.
More information about WooCommerce Product Tabs
Display a list of currently logged in users with their profile images and display names using WordPress widget.
More information about Online Users
Free User Activities
Display a list of recent activities by website users inside a beautiful widget, that can fit any widget area of your website.
More information about User Activities
WooCommerce Product Recommendations
Display product suggestions right inside user profiles based on the user’s purchase history.
More information about WooCommerce Product Recommendations
Free Recent User Signups
A widget and a shortcode allowing you to display a pre-defined number of recently registered users with profile images, and an option to add a custom link.
More information about Recent User Signups
User Profile Reviews
Allow your website users to rate and review fellow user profiles. Advanced options and restrictions allow you to customize it to fit different scenarios.
More information about User Profile Reviews
Free User Groups Slider
A beautiful carousel slider that displays one group per slide. Highly configurable and fits any widget area of your site theme.
More information about User Group Slider
Free Users Slider
A beautiful carousel slider that displays one user profile per slide. Highly configurable and fits any widget area of your site theme.
More information about User Slider
Free Featured Group
A customizable banner widget that allows you to display a specified user group as featured group on your website.
More information about Featured Group
Add a profile completeness progress bar on user profile pages, encouraging your website users to fill out remaining profile data.
More information about Profile Completeness
Adds additional privacy options to all ProfileGrid widgets. Now you can restrict relevant information only to intended audience.
More information about Widgets Privacy
Free Zapier Integration
Extend the power of ProfileGrid using Zapier automation! Connect with over 3000 apps using readymade templates or create custom automations to work with ProfileGrid triggers.
More information about Zapier Integration
Free MailPoet Integration
Allow users to subscribe to your MailPoet lists. Comes with custom field mapping support and option for users to manage subscriptions right from their user profile area.
More information about MailPoet Integration
Free Elementor Content Restrictions
Adds the feature to restrict Elementor page builder content based on ProfileGrid’s privacy levels like user groups, friends etc.
More information about Elementor Content Restrictions
Elementor User Login
Adds ProfileGrid login box as native Elementor login widget for building beautiful custom login pages.
More information about Elementor User Login
Free Elementor Integration
Use ProfileGrid elements as native Elementor widgets and build custom layouts you always wanted with your favorite composer.
More information about Elementor Integration
Please check out this post to learn translating ProfileGrid to your language.