Really Simple SSL automatically detects your settings and configures your website to run over HTTPS. To keep it lightweight, we kept the options to a minimum. Your website will move to SSL with one click.
Three simple steps for setup:
- Activate Really Simple SSL
- Activate SSL in your hosting environment, or generate a free Let’s Encrypt certificate in Really Simple SSL. (new)
- Enable SSL with One Click
Love Really Simple SSL?
Hopefully, this plugin saves you some hours of work. If you want to support the continuing development of this plugin, please consider buying Really Simple SSL Pro, which includes some excellent security features and premium support.
Improve Security with Really Simple SSL Pro
- The Mixed Content Scan & Fixer. Know which files are still requested over HTTP and how to fix it.
- Enable HTTP Strict Transport Security
- Configure your site for the HSTS preload list
- Advanced Security Headers to Improve Security, e.g., Content Security Policy, Permissions Policy, and more.
- Mixed Content Fixer for your Admin Area
- Detailed Feedback and Active Support on your Security Dashboard
- Premium Support
How does Really Simple SSL work?
- It will first check for an existing SSL certificate. If you don’t have one, you can generate one in the plugin. Depending on your hosting provider, the plugin can also install it for you or assist with instructions.
- The plugin handles most issues WordPress has with SSL. For example, a reverse proxy/load balancer or when no headers are passed to detect SSL.
- All incoming requests are redirected to HTTPS. Default with an internal WordPress redirect, but you can also opt for a .htaccess redirect.
- The site URL and home URL are changed to HTTPS.
- Your insecure content is fixed by replacing all http:// URLs with https://, except hyperlinks to other domains. This happens dynamically, so no database changes are made (except for the site URL and home URL).
- Cookies set with PHP are set securely by setting them with the httpOnly flag.
About Really Simple SSL
Check out other plugins developed by Really Simple Plugins as well: Complianz and Zip Recipes.
contact us if you have any questions, issues, or suggestions. Really Simple SSL is developed by Really Simple Plugins.
For free SSL certificate generation, Really Simple SSL uses the le acme2 PHP Let’s Encrypt client library, thanks to ‘fbett’ for providing it.
Any code suggestions? We’re on GitHub as well!
Really Simple SSL in your language?
Translations can be added very easily here.