MaxButtons is a powerful WordPress button, share button and social icon plugin. Create great looking CSS3 WordPress buttons in a minute. Easy to understand. Our button editor with live preview makes it a snap to generate awesome responsive buttons in very little time. The social share buttons and social icon features allow you to add social options to your website in minutes.
MaxButtons WordPress button plugin has been going strong for over 6 years and was the first button plugin for WordPress. MaxButtons has earned over 1000 5-star reviews and over 3.5 million downloads. Here are couple of our favorites:
“The best plugin of its kind” – by celito
“This plugin makes creating buttons sooooo easy.” – by ncrocker202
Why aren’t all plugins like this?!?
MaxButtons easily solved my problem with lots of options when creating the button and a live view of what it was going to look like. It would have done the job for me there and then but being able to adjust the text AND link with shortcodes on my page made modifications a breeze. – by discgosforth
“Easy, clear, and robust. I’m a programmer and can write CSS till the cows come home, but why? Just get it, install it and use it. Then, when you’re impressed, buy the pro version” – by jleahy
Max Foundry also makes the WordPress Gallery plugin MaxGal.0-leria and WordPress Media Folders plugin for real WordPress Media Library folders.
- WordPress installed
- PHP 7
- Create WordPress Buttons
- Getting Social Icons on your WordPress site.
- Share Buttons on your WordPress site.
- WordPress button library and button sets can make my designers and developers more productive.
- No coding, the plugin takes care of everything
- Button shortcodes for ease of use, unlimited text and link combinations possible
- Create unlimited number of buttons
- Live preview window instantly updates as you customize your buttons
- Color picker for unlimited color combinations
- Works with all modern browsers, degrades gracefully for others
- Fully CSS3 compliant with text shadowing, box shadowing, gradients, etc.
- Copy an existing button to use as starting point for others
- See your buttons on different color backgrounds
- Predefined defaults make getting started super easy
- Works with your page builder: Beaver Builder, SiteOrigin, Elementor etc
- Great Gutenberg support, works out of the box.
- Integrates with Popup Builders to open Modals
- Best responsive options. Customize for each mobile device and screen size
MaxButtons has a share buttons addon that includes 7 beautifully designed share button sets for the following social networks:
Plus email and print icons.
In addition to promoting your content through MaxButtons share buttons you can also use share buttons to promote your social network profiles. Simply select a social icon or make a button, include the link to your profile and post the button shortcode on your page. Social icons are easy with MaxButtons!
Take your buttons to the next level with MaxButtons Pro!
Our premium WordPress plugin for buttons, share buttons and social icons brings you the best WordPress button plugin through continuous feature updating. Upgrading to the Pro version allows you to add icons and images to your custom WordPress buttons. The Pro features allow you to do so much more!
- Icons and Images – Add icons and images to your buttons and customize placement and size.
- Multi-line text – Add a second line of text and stylize with font, size and placement.
- Google Fonts – We have included the entire set to help your buttons stand out with beautiful typography.
- Button Packs – Ready to use, value priced button sets that make any site good great.
- Google Analytics Event Tracking for WordPress Buttons. The best way to see you users’ interactions with buttons in Google Analytics. No coding needed.
- Import/Export – Useful for backing up and/or moving your buttons. Also, use any of the great free icons listed on our site.
- Dynamic Buttons – Use variables from WordPress or theme in your link and text
- Custom CSS – Built-in per button custom CSS
- Button Search – for easier management of large button sets.
- Font Awesome 5 – Largest icon collection, fastest served
- WPBakery Page Builder – Integrated with WPBakery Page Builder
- Contact Form 7 Integration
- Beaver Builder Integration
- Easy Digital Downloads Purchase and Checkout Button Integration
WordPress Button Sets
In addition to the Basic Buttons and free button packs included with MaxButtons Pro you can also purchase additional professionally designed, production ready button packs from the largest WordPress button library in existence. The library features more than 6,000 buttons. It is the largest WordPress button library in the known universe.
WordPress button sets make designers and developers much more productive.
You can use free icons when you create your buttons with MaxButtons Pro so we’ve built one of the largest libraries to inspire you and make your buttons really stand out.
- Click the MaxButtons page from the admin menu.
- Click the Add New button.
- Create and customize your button using the button editor.
- Fill out and select the options needed to build your button.
- Once you’re ready, click Save.
- A button shortcode will be generated (ex: [maxbutton id=”17″] or [maxbutton name=”My Button Name”]).
- Use the shortcode anywhere in your content and the button will appear.
You can also pass the button text and URL as parameters in the button shortcode, giving you even greater flexibility. For example, if you want to create a set of buttons that look exactly the same, except for the text and URL, you could do something like this:
[maxbutton id=”17″ text=”Search Google” url=”http://google.com”]
[maxbutton name=”MaxButtons Button Name” text=”Search Yahoo” url=”http://yahoo.com”]
Another parameter you can give the shortcode is window, which tells the button whether or not to open the URL in a new window (by default the button opens the URL in the current window). To do so you always give the window parameter the value “new”, shown below. Anything else will open the button URL in the current window.
[maxbutton id=”17″ window=”new”]
You can also use the nofollow parameter, which will add a rel=”nofollow” attribute to the button when set to true, as shown below (the default is false):
[maxbutton id=”17″ nofollow=”true”]
NOTE: Passing parameters to the shortcode overrides those settings saved as part of the button.
We work hard to give timely support during the week. And we give support when we’re on during the weekend.
MaxButtons. Bringing the #buttonlove!